Amer Std commode bowl doesn't fill

This is a Cadet model which, for those not familiar, will empty the bowl of something like 26 golf balls. It has been in use for two years and yesterday the tank fill valve stopped allowing any water into the tank so I replaced it with a generic model from Blue Box. Now the toilet flushes just fine but there is only enough water allowed back into the bowl to cover the area immediately around the siphon hole. I tried different settings on the valve but at the highest setting it is still shy of filling the tanik by

1/2", I don't know if that 1/2" is even relevant to the bowl level. Any ideas on the problem and the correction would be appreciated. TIA, Chuck
Reply to
C & E

If it's a Fluidmaster read the installation instructions. There is an adjustment for the height of the Fluidmaster for shorter tanks and longer tanks. Yours might be set on the shorter tank therefore not allowing the tank to fill more. Look towards the bottom. There's a collar that you loosen and then twist the base while holding the top.

Reply to
Sanity

I would rather hold the base securely and twist the top. Makes for less leaks. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Reach into the tank, slip the collar up. It just slides up and allows the adjustment of turning the valve...iirc (Fluidmaster)

Instructions state to make this adjustment before the install.

Reply to
Oren

Thanks, folks. That was it. Some ignoramus thought that he knew how to install a simple valve. The trash went out the next morning - get it? Yea, no instructions but you guys done good!

Reply to
C & E