Air conditioner chemical 'huffing' becoming dangerous trend

[Las Vegas]

"...What repairmen are seeing is missing refrigerant chemicals, which Fernandez said should not happen in a sealed unit. Videos on the Internet show how teens use a valve to access the chemicals, called Chlorofluorocarbons, which are nothing short of dangerous."

Video:

Now companies are putting locks on the valves -- $100.00

Reply to
Oren

evolution in action

at least it's happening before they are likely to have bred

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Yep, sorry folks, but I have no sympathy if your brain dead hell spawn is too stupid to live. What the f*ck is wrong with the last generation or two? We had all these chemicals and more available and we didn't do stupid shit like that.

Reply to
Pete C.

Maybe the parents were more involved.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

of course we did and now they are republicans

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Nope, it abundantly clear that these "huffers" are predominantly liberals.

Reply to
Pete C.

That's what makes liberals. "This is your brain on liberalism."

Reply to
krw

not so. liberals are drug users who think everyone should do drugs, republicans are drug users who think no one should do drugs

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

ROFL...

Which is why you see many commercial refer units and HVAC equipment installed in fenced in enclosure cages which are kept locked wherever the equipment is located where it can be tampered with...

Wouldn't hurt to do that for your home AC unit -- especially in areas where window bars and high security storm doors are commonplace...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan