Advise requested: where to run sprinkler wire, attic or around?

Hi there. I'm pretty bad, I'm a do-it-yourself wannabe. I try to do things, usually do an okay job just takes me 3 times as many trips to home depot as it should.

I want to run sprinkler wire, I have a timer in my garage for the front yard. I just put in sprinklers in the back, I'm proud of my work. But now I want to run wire for the timer.

I figure choices would be to put in a new timer, which is costly, and there's no outlet out back. Or I can run wire to the existing timer, which can handle the extra valves.

The problem is how to run the wire. I can go up the wall, along the ?? whatever it's called, eaves? With little c-clamp things that nail into wood, around the side of the house toward the garage, and then find a way in, or I can go up the wall, find a way into the attic, across the attic, and then into the garage from attic, and down the wall to the timer.

Tho not great, there's some pictures of the 'path' I just took, at

Digital cameras are a great thing, aren't they?

Any advice would be most warmly welcomed! Thanks!

DougB

Reply to
DougB

Bury the wire or it will look like crap, IMO Run it beneath the water line..

Reply to
RamblinOn

IMO, stay out of the attic.

Reply to