advice needed in cleaning smoke treated glass surface in shower

This week, I am planning to restore/clean my house. I have two bathroom shower which has smoked glass screen door for a shower curtain. I've been using windex/tile cleaner mixture try to clean it. However, it's very hard to remove soap scum build-up on the glass panel where inside has been smoke treated which has non-smooth surface.

Can someone recommand me a method on cleaning or possibly a decent product & where to get?

Thank you in advance.

Reply to
oktokie

CLR , Lime Away seem to work, Sharp razor blades.

Reply to
m Ransley

Try ordinary white vinegar from the grocery store, with a scrub brush.

If that doesn't work, go back to the grocery, to the cleaning products aisle, and look for CLR or Lime-Away.

Reply to
Doug Miller

The tint should be in the glass it is in mine, Shower doors are expexted to be cleaned with cleanser, an abrasive. But try a small area to be sure. Soap scum should come off with water and a brush, water- mineral deposits with a mild acid, Vinigar or a product stronger such as Lime away, or CLR. Use ventilation breathing any acid is not good although they are mild and diluted.

Reply to
m Ransley

The tint should be in the glass it is in mine, Shower doors are expexted to be cleaned with cleanser, an abrasive. But try a small area to be sure. Soap scum should come off with water and a brush, water- mineral deposits with a mild acid, Vinigar or a product stronger such as Lime away, or CLR. Use ventilation breathing any acid is not good although they are mild and diluted.

Reply to
m Ransley

Home depot sells ZAP calcium remover. Much stronger than CLR which I have never gotten to work. My shower door is clear. A sponge and the Zap works just fine as a maintenance and removal of the hard water stains. Razor blades might help but they must be sharp so get a bunch of them. They will dull very quickly.

Reply to
SQLit