Dirty grout in shower

It keeps getting dirty. Bathroom only has a vent fan. Stuff to clean both dirt and some mold? Saw a guy in Costco selling a kit for $50 that he claims cleans anything. Did not buy, but may since Costco will take it back.

Lou

Reply to
LouB

common household bleach.

Reply to
charlie

Then tile sealer.

Reply to
HeyBub

First effort should be directed to removing plain dirt and soap scum. I have used 3M scrubber and Dawn for soap scum. Scrubbing Bubbles is very good for regular cleaning. Razor blade scraper, with caution, is good for heavy soap scum. Once rid of soap and dirt, regular cleaning with a little bleach will take care of mold. I leave my shower curtain open and stacked in the middle of the rod to promote air circ. If you have grout or caulk lines that trap water, you might want to repair or replace them.

Reply to
Norminn

Thats why I mentioned the fan. I am afraid of fumes.

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Will try, thanks

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Chlorox makes a spray shower cleaner that does not fume too bad. There is also a bleach type felt pen that works nicely. I use a non-bleach containing shower spray every time I shower but use the Chlorox products occasionally.

Reply to
Frank

Household bleach will kill mold and mildew. Are you using an "after shower" spray? Even with that, you may need to use a "foaming bubbles" cleaner 2-3 times a month which will help soften and strip the soap scum buildup. Both of these products can be had for $6. Abrasive cleaners can scratch and that can make cleaning difficult.

Reply to
Phisherman