Adding motion sensor

I have a ceiling mounted front porch 6 sided polygon shaped light fixture with a single lamp. The sides contain glass and the lamp is recessed behind the glass. I want to add a motion sensor and tried a 360 degree screw in sensor but it didn't work since it was behind the glass. Other than replacing the fixture with a motion sensing unit, anyone know of a screw in/add on adapter that will work with this fixture?

Thanks

Reply to
Meanie

Hi, Genie GDO has little small dome style sensor. So it must be available some where. Guess you'll have to jury rig it to work if you are handy with electrical stuffs.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Here's one solution:

It's a Heath/Zenith add-on unit. Sensor can be mounted within a few feet of fixture with the controller itself fitting inside the mounting box for the fixture. There are others but can't put my finger on them right now. Have used the Zenith product in the past and it's fine.

Were I you, I'd check around a bit and see if I couldn't beat MSC's price of $34

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Take a look at

If you can run it's wire out of the fixture to the sensor.

OR with the sensor you have, could you remove 1 or 2 of the side glass panes to allow it to operate ?

Reply to
Retired