A/C Fan

I turned on my A/C for this 1st time this year. While using the heat setting, the fan was set to automatic and would go on and off, as designed. Now that I have the setting set to "cool" the fan stays on whether set to 'on' or "auto." What might be the problem?

Reply to
Chas

Something is broken. Call a repairman.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

It might be that the ac condensor is not working well. If it never cools the house enough to satisfy the thermostat, the blower will never shut off. Make sure that your outdoor unit runs and that it is cooling.

Stretch

Reply to
Stretch

Reply to
TURTLE

This is turtle.

Give brand of unit.

Give model number of air handler or furnace.

Type fuel you heat with heat pump , all electric, natural gas , propane, or oil.

Give more detail of what your system you turn on and off.

Does the fan keep going when you turn the thermostat to off and fan to autoatic ?

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

While using the heat

go on and off, as designed.

stays on whether set to

Thermostat wired wrong?

Reply to
Kathy

Hi Chas, hope you are having a nice day

On 05-Jun-05 At About 06:24:40, Chas wrote to All Subject: A/C Fan

C> From: "Chas"

C> I turned on my A/C for this 1st time this year. While using the heat C> setting, the fan was set to automatic and would go on and off, as C> designed. Now that I have the setting set to "cool" the fan stays C> on whether set to 'on' or "auto." What might be the problem?

Is this by chance a trane air handler? please give the model number and manufacturer.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2

If its an older one, with a fan limit switch thats adjustable, its prob either out of adjustment, calibration, or broke.

Reply to
webmaster

" snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com" wrote in message news:DzxBe.120$ snipped-for-privacy@eagle.america.net...

This is Turtle.

Did you need another name or word used in this post that would link your website to sell hvac equipment on when people ask a question to Microsoft Search engine. I see bunches of them linking your website to the post off alt.hvac and alt.home.repair and I take it you just adding somemore for sales to increase by more links when people ask for other things besides hvac stuff. If you work at it, you can type in George W. Bush and get your sales website selling hvac equipment.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE