BATHROOM TILE CRACKING

I installed 6x6" bathroom tiles on new primed plywood backing. I noticed a number of hairline cracks in the grout. I don't know if I should remove all the grout to repair or widen the cracks and install new grout. Any help would be appreciated. Wally

Reply to
j4h

Won't help to replace the grout. You've got movement or flex in the sub-floor. Of which, you give no details.

Reply to
G Henslee

PS. If this is a wall you're referring to then you most likely have a lousy bond between tile and substrate or again, some movement for soem reason, or the plywood's too thin, or the studs are too far apart, or... of which you give no details.

Reply to
G Henslee

Did you set the tile directly on the plywood or did you use cement board over the plywood. If you didn't use cement board - you just found your problem

Reply to
Gene