Subject Author Posted Replies

Train hits parade float in Midland TX carrying veterans - anyone got video of this?
Someone somewhere must have video of this. I guess it will be posted to youtube in the next few days. Can't even pull off a parade without getting people killed....
21
21

How To Deal With Cars Speeding Through Your Neighborhood
Don't speed through the neighborhood of this skilled German do it yourself homeowner. ^_^
7
7

Retrofit-Grounding Fifties-Era House?
I tried this in and got a recommendation to try it here. ------------------------------------------------------------- Been quite awhile since I started wondering what it was with the "Building Wiring...
35
35

Installation Cost of Nat Gas Generator?
How much should I figure in my budget for installation of a natural gas generator? I'm looking at a 6-7 KW generator to handle refrigerator, freezer, sump pump, gas furnace, computers, TV and some...
47
47

attn Stormin'
http://hooniverse.com/2012/09/24/truth-in-advertising-hazard-fraught-tools/
4
4

Removing paper backing from old Plexiglas (2023 Update)
Yesterday I was about to toss all the Plexi scraps I have because the paper backing is stuck on so tight it can't be peeled off. I decided to try laquer thinner, assuming it was going to melt the...
38
38

Removing a radiator: good idea?
Hi, In my bedroom I have a conventional hot-water cast iron radiator. I like th= e heat it provides, but I don't like so many other things about it: it occu= pies space under a window, my roomba gets...
8
8

Heating Problem
I hope someone from this excellent group can assist me with this problem. W= e have a cold room on the second floor of our house. We have a forced air, = natural gas heating system and there is only...
10
10

Drunk College Student Gets Stuck Between Two Buildings, Requires Rescue By Firefighters
A 22-year-old college student in Rhode Island learned the hard way that, while you can get away with a lot of dumb drunken shit in college, what you absolutely cannot do is defy basic physics and do...
14
14

Door Bell Problem Fixed
Thanks everyone for your help. I tried to attach this reply to my original post, but for some reason it is not working. I was able to solve my door bell button problem by researching online. It ends...
5
5

Door Bell Problem
My front door bell button rang the chime, but did not light up. I purchased a new door bell button. I had it hooked up, it worked (rang and lit up). But, I forgot to put the decorative plate on it, so...
3
3

EPA/CARB-mandated Blitz portable gasoline containers (additional gas can rant)
Q: If you know of a good source for the replacement CAP - please post! These three videos covered most of my rants: 1. How to fix a Blitz gas can: Midwest Can Company gas can modification: How to fix...
17
17

Composition of old cloth covered wire
What was the composition of that old cloth covered electrical wire? Obviously some sort of cloth. What kind? Then what was added to it to make it firm? From what I've seen it appears that some...
4
4

Bifold Door Pivot Issue
Hi All, The bottom door pivot is angled outwards to get the front of the door close to the trim at the bottom of the door when it's closed. Otherwise there will be a large gap between the front of the...
9
9

What do you recommend for coating/selaing rocks on side of house?
On the outside of our Tuscan style home there is stonework that looks like 'wainscoating'. The stones are varied in color and only extend up around 3 feet or so with recessed mortaring. Being multiple...
19
19