Subject Author Posted Replies

Help sizing undermount kitchen sink?
Just installed new cabinets and my sink base is 33". I want an SS undermount double well sink. The model I'm looking at shows its maximum width as 32 1/4 which leaves a whopping 3/8" on either side....
4
4

"Tar paper" on roof of small overhang
Small -- 4x6 +- wooden "eyebrow" or overhang on back porch (S. exposure). Have to replace old worn cover (what we used to call "tar paper". Any difference between individual shingles and sheet, in...
18
18

How do I prep interior concrete for staining?
My home is 10 years old, I have just recently pulled up my carpet and have started pulling up my linoleum. I would love to stain my concrete but I'm stuck. My slab has glue marks and some sort of...
6
6

Deck Question Re "Restore" Product By Rust Oleum ?
Hello, Anyone use that heavy paint-like "Restore" coating product by RustOleum ? Have a quite old pressure treated wood Deck. Live in New England. Would appreciate any opinions on, and in particular...
3
3

Teknion Cublicles
Our office has Teknion cubicles that were installed a long time ago. The particular model is discontinued, and I don't know what the model is. The glass panel in my cube is loose to the point that it...
5
5

Multi-meter
My ancient multi meter bought the farm. Any recommendations for a decent replacement. Bought a cheapie at Harbor Freight last year while out of town and that had a faulty connection and blew on first...
32
32

Did the free photo uploading site (picturepush.com) suddenly enforce registration?
Yikes. They're going to delete the pictures! That will make a zillion USENET posts useless as an archive. Bummer. FROM THEIR LETTER: Unfortunately, starting today will no longer offer a free-plan....
4
4

What does TH mean?
Out of the trash, I got a tower electric room heater, with a fan. About 18" high, like a loaf of bread standing on its end. On the plastic grill in back (BACK), there is a little black plastic 4-sided...
6
6

welding aluminum
Does anyone know know how to weld aluminum? I went to a tour of the Rocket Center in HSV, AL and they pointed out that the aluminium joints were welded by a special process developed by NASA. Does...
18
18

Supplying Water to Toilet from Gravity Feed Tanks
Hi, I've installed a large tank in the yard, above the height of my toilet water closet. I'm filling the large tank with water from a sump pump. Problem is this: The gravity feed is very low pressure,...
43
43

OT, A DIY Project But Not Home Repair But It Is A Homer Project
I came across a great DIY project called a Homer. I thought I would share with other folks who appreciate unusual DIY projects. ^_^ TDD Check out: http://www.homercar.com And like our Facebook page:...

Small terrace roof cover
I have a small terrace outside my bedroom. I would like to put a cover of s ome sort over a flat tarred roof. It has to be made so I could remove it ea sily as to make sure rain water is drained. My...
4
4

OT Online Banking
Wells Fargo finally started allowing check deposits by cellphone in Georgia. You can use your phone to log into the bank and deposit a check by taking a photo of the front and back of the check. As...
8
8

Burning PTL
Lumberyard advice is that pressure-treated lumber should not be burned for fireplace heat, because of the metals soaked into it. Inside an airtight wood stove however (the double chimney regularly...
24
24

Courtesy light stays on
(I posted this in the "auto repair" Google Group forum but haven't gotten any responses yet so I'm posting this here, too). ========== I have a 2004 Chevrolet Impala. When I close the car doors, the...
42
42