What does TH mean?

Out of the trash, I got a tower electric room heater, with a fan. About 18" high, like a loaf of bread standing on its end.

On the plastic grill in back (BACK), there is a little black plastic

4-sided box, (no top or bottom and the box is on its side, so that air can go from outside the heater to inside) maybe 2x3mm, with maybe a thin wire going across it and a 2-conductor insulated wire going to one of the little circuit boards that control it.

On the circuit board the pins that match the connector are labeled TH.

What do you think TH stands for, what do you think this gizmo is?

The cylindrical plastic fan blade is messed up and I don't want a room heater anyyhow, so I'm going to throw this away, but I just can't figure out what that box etc. is for.

Thanks.

Reply to
micky

micky wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's pretty difficult to say without photos. Maybe you can get Danny Dweeb to do some photos for you?

Reply to
JoeBro

Thermostat?

Reply to
badgolferman

micky wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

On any device intended to warm or cool a room, it's a fair bet that "TH" stands for THermostat.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I'd guess thermostat. The thin wire may be the sensor for the room air and the TH terminal may be the thermostat connection.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Hmm, Thermostat?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Well, you all agree, so that must be it. Frankly I can't even see the wire, even with a magnifying glass, but i figure it must be there, since I don't think the black plastic box could be doing anything.

I'm used to bimetal strip thermostats that are as big as a thimble. Of coure that kind is complete in itself. This kind would depend on components on the board or in the IC. If this design works, that would be good.

Thanks all.

Reply to
micky