Subject Author Posted Replies

OT TV talking to me
For some reason my LG TV connected to Xfinity has started talking to me. It is obviously some for blind people who can still here because it does play-by-play of the shows. Last night's Bones for...
25
25

fireplace screen lubrication
This post is in reply to other posts on this subject, that of fireplace screens that pull back and forth, and which get hard to move after a while. It can be very frustrating--but there is a solution.
8
8

My microwave hums
My microwave has a real low hum. I can unplug it and it stops. It seems to work fine.
17
17

Thermometers
On these unusually cold mornings I would like an accuate temerture reading outside. Weather Underground web site says 32. My new Accurite wireless digital indoor/outdoor says 30. My alcohol regular...
40
40

computer desk part 2
the is the set up I'm looking to get or at least something similar. the link of the workstation shown is pretty expensive, $10g. too much LOL! CITE workstation Lacasse office has another one called...

worx blower/mulcher
anyone use the Worx blower/mulcher vaccuum? I see that Home Depot carries it, albiet as an online item.

Bathroom scale
Not a repair question but I hope trying to figure out why is not too far OT. I recently bought a bathroom scale of recent design, the kind with a clear platform and four legs, with the near legs each...
10
10

water attachment on bidet
I bought a bidet, but can't attach the hose to the incoming water line by t he spiget because the piece is directly attached and I can't put in my T va lve. I wanted to try to attach it to the bottom...
13
13

Bluish-Green Coating / Stain Develops In White Porcelin Sink: What Is ?
Hello, A white Porcelin sink we have always seems to develop a hard stain/coating on it that is a Bluish-Greenish color. Any idea what minerals in water might be causing ? And, what might be effective...
4
4

New Years Resolution
I resolve to use twice as much WD-40. - . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus .
16
16

Dimmer for regular fluorescent lighting?
I have read that ordinary (straight-tube, not CFL) fluorescent lights can be dimmed to a certain extent (almost certainly not below 50%), but will an ordinary electronic dimmer (using a Triac, I...
5
5

Treehouse bridge update: one section blew down in the California storms
The third section blew down in the California storms. It was just the frame, and a few deck timbers: Apparently the mistake was to attach it here to the redwood: These two smaller redwoods apparently...
7
7

How do you debu low suction in a central vacuum system?
I just need to debug WHY a central vacuum cleaner has low vacuum suction at the hose. I snaked the hose itself, and it's not clogged: Strangely, it seems that the vent to the outside has plenty of...
16
16

(OT) Do ALL Universal Remotes use the same code?
Do ALL Universal Remotes use the same code for the same device? For example, if I want to control a Pannasonic TV model PS-104 (not a real model number), does the brand of the Universal Remote matter,...
6
6

My Surround Sound Has Creashed!
I have a sudden problem that I thought you might suggest something - anything. Seems my surround sound system on the porch has gone a little crazy. It has happened twice, once this afternoon when I...
19
19