Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - vacuum problem
?this retired guy sits around the house all day? wife says, ?You could do something useful, like vacuum the house once a week.? Guy gives it a moment?s thought and says, ?Sure why not?show me to the...
1
1

OT: Apple says screw you law enforcement!
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'd say 95% confidence Apple will lose. More interesting is that this is once again a good example of the media spending a lot of time covering...
125
125

OT Windows 10
I have to build some computers for homeless teens. I'm unsure if we'll be able to get W7 licenses (MS has tried to dry up the availability of older OS's to push everyone to their latest). W10...
158
158

Aqua therm units
Most are saying its a check valve which is more than possible but I'd start or look into checking the mixing valve on the system as well. If this goes bad you start to have Luke warm to no hot water.

sort of OT: widening a brass pinion for a microscope?
+1 Good idea.
8
8

Ping Oren Dana Perino
Did you see the 2/18/2016 show "The Five"? Dana Perino made a comment that I can't remember during her corny jokes. Something like sausage and beans referring to the males. Can you correct my memory?

Crack repair in drywall
Hi, a significant crack has developed in the drywall between the living room and kitchen. I think the weight of the pot rack has, over time, contributed to the crack, but I'm not taking it down.. I've...
45
45

Hot Water Heater Pilot Blown Out
I'm wondering what kind of vent cap is best to prevent pilot light from being blown out in high winds. This happened last week - first time I have ever seen it done. This unit is in the garage, all to...
3
3

Humidifier belt low output?
Yes; and confirmed the fan blows, and the media rotates properly.
12
12

Snaking a tub
We have this tub on the first floor that drains to a pipe that is also shar ed by the kitchen sink and the dishwasher. Over time sediment builds up an d sometimes the tub backs up and I see gravel and...
13
13

Draft from kitchen stove hood
The fan hood over our kitchen stove has noticeably cold air sinking out of it. The vent pipe for that hood goes up through two stories of the house and through the attic before emerging from the roof....
17
17

What is the origin of the word "Boob"?
Ques: What is the origin of the word "Boob"? Ans: The "B" is the aerial view, the "oo" is the front view, the "b" is the side view.

Bosch dishwasher sku53e05uc /14
So my inlet valve burst and i bought a replacement. Turned off my kitchen b reaker, removed the old valve and as i was installing the new valve the wir es touched, sparked and went dead. Apparently...
14
14

Cold stair lift motor
I'm looking at adding a resistor or bulb inside an Acorn stair lift motor housing to keep the temperature about 40degF. The unit is in an unheated area and temps get too low for the motor to turn...
31
31

Glub-Glub sink drain "physics" question?
I have often thought about this question, and I may have even participated in discussions about it before. It is about something that I just can't get myself to fully understand, even though I try to...
29
29