Subject Author Posted Replies

Floor Drains
I once got a friend a floor drain that had a flexible (kinda like corrugated) hose on it. I can't for the life of me find it online. What buzzwords am I missing? Ideally from Home Depot or Walmart.
3
3

OT. Record Paper Plane Flight
At least some people are dong useful things with their time. <> It flew almost 290 feet. Dillon Ruble and Garrett Jensen, both engineers at Boeing, broke a record in December that had only a little to...
5
5

OT. Relaxation Apps?
A TV commercial showed one of these this Sunday afternoon. A quick search turned up quite a few of these. Right now there's lightning, thunder, and a good shower over my place. Watching sunrises or...
1
1

Lower voltage diode the other side of a step up transformer?
Can I put a diode BEFORE a step up transformer so I can use a lower voltage diode for half wave rectification?
79
79

Maytag washer lid repair
I have a Maytage A484 top load washer I bought in 1992. It has survived several moves and I've done some minor repairs. Somewhere over the time the pieces the lid pivots on disappeared. It seems to be...
13
13

Two Million COSORIĀ® Air Fryers Recalled
Two Million COSORIĀ® Air Fryers Recalled by Atekcity Due to Fire and Burn Hazards (Recall Alert) Electric vehicles and appliances are safe and effective. Consumers should immediately stop using the...
16
16

Re: Can't get carpet attachment off vacuum hose
Yes heating with hair dryer did the job like a breeze. Thanks a lot....

Do all sewers with rats have rats exploring outside the sewer?
Do all sewers have rats? Do all sewers with rats have rats exploring outside the sewer? Or do some just mind their own business and not come out? Because I live next to a fairly large stream, it's...
10
10

LED Light Bulbs in Rough Service Application?
Got a couple of high lumen output screw-in GE light bulbs that I'm thinking about installing in the power-head bulb sockets of a screw drive garage door opener. Worth a try-- or death sentence for the...
22
22

OT. Subscription Restaurants?
The local news mentioned these this morning. They're on the long list of things I'd never heard of. <> Maybe a city dweller would come out ahead on something like this. I just stop in where ever I...
1
1

washer value replacement and leaks question
Hi All, In a month or so, we are going to have a washer repairman come and change the bearings on our Speedqueen. At that time the wall values for the washer hoses will be easily exposed for a plumber...
7
7

Seems to me it should work but I've never done it - have you?
Seems to me it should work but I've never done it - have you? I empty out my twenty pound carbon dioxide cylinder. Remove the valve. I measure out twenty pounds of dry ice. And put the valve back on....
5
5

Floating on air? Sulphur Hexafloride
This is a gas heavier than air so you can float things on it. Nifty demonstration
6
6

OT. Big Ben Architect
This guy had a tough life. <> Augustus Welby Pugin, the architect behind Big Ben, left an amazing legacy in Gothic Revivalist architecture. Augustus Welby Pugin, the architect behind Big Ben, left an...

No residue tape for window ac
For the summer I slap in my ac window unit in a new replacement vinyl window. I have 3m no residue tape in the cart but want clear tape to seal the small gaps. In the past I have used regular clear...
9
9