Subject Author Posted Replies

How to splice three #8 wires
Are there wirenuts that can handle 3 #8 wires? If not, how do you splice them. Split bolt connectors? Can you put 3 wires in a split bolt connector? Is there another way? Please allow your reply to go...
12
12

Crown Molding Question
Here's one for the interior designers. Our house has polyurethaned pine wood trim and base board. We have white ceilings and colored walls. Can we have white crown molding on the ceiling and keep...
8
8

Need plumber & electrician
I have a friend in Bellevue who has just bought a great old craftsman house and is scheduled to move in a couple of weeks and needs several things done before she moves. Specifically she needs a...
2
2

Welding is very dangerous
Especially when a hot piece of metal goes down your pants and lands right on your dick. Yes, this happened, and it was extremely painful.
50
50

Seal for Washing Machine Transmission
Hello all, Does anyone know where I might find a replacement seal for a washing = machine transmission? Here's the transmission.... GE Model WWA8829RBLWW Thanks!! Harry
3
3

Yearly Maintenance on Wood Deck for Various Deck Finish?
I am trying to select a good wood deck finish. I have found many info about the various types of deck finish that are currently available in the market. One thing that I cannot find info on is the...
16
16

Need to cut a circle in concrete block wall
I have to install an outdoor shower for a rinse off to the pool. The shower valve has a solid brass body and I have to cut a hole about 7" in diameter to recess the valve into it. How can I cut a 7"...
16
16

1 coat of prime + 2 coats of paint?
I have always done a single coat of prime - usually I go with Benjamin Moore's Fresh Start then two coats of paint, and that worked well. Now I need to paint some exterior fascia, and soffit...
7
7

Mini-review: non-toxic paint strippers
Just wanted to report on a paint stripper I used that seems to work well. I'm stripping a light fixture that had many coats of paint on it. Did the bulk of the fixture with Citristrip, which...
4
4

Reasonable price for building a few steps?
I know every place and situation is different, just trying to figure if this is reasonable. (And someone's not pulling something over on a naive home owner). New to me house has a "sun room" built...
12
12

wire splice
I'm running around looking for some device which will help me splice wires together. What is happening is I seem to cut into power extension chords on outside jobs. I hamburger my way into cutting...
38
38

Flue extending beyond crown on a chimney
Why are so many chimneys built with the flue(so) that extend above the crown? For Looks? To improve the chimney draw? I would think the small increase in height would make little or no difference To...
10
10

Adding another switch to a relay operated light switch
Light switch in my room is operated using a relay (rated 24v-8v). It just like in the picture top "battery" is ofcourse regular power. The bottom "battery" is operated by 24V transformer. I'd like...
11
11

Need plumber & electrician
I have a friend in Bellevue who has just bought a great old craftsman house and is scheduled to move in a couple of weeks and needs several things done before she moves. Specifically she needs a...
14
14

Super-strength rust/iron remover needed
The tenants at my daughter's rental property let the bathtub faucet drip for a couple of years, building up a rusty area about 12 inches in diameter beneath the faucet, except directly under the...
21
21