18 volt tool bulbs

HF has 18 volt light and drill combo. With the "pistol magazine" style battery. Another unit with a "slide on" battery.

But, they don't list replacement bulbs. Will the 18 volt Skil or Black and Decker bulbs work?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

likely LED lamps they should outlast all of us here......

Reply to
hallerb

I would use 24V bulbs,They last much longer, and any shop for garages or even fueling stations have them.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

If the base of the bulb and socket are the same styles, I don't see why not.

Reply to
Oren

You may wish to consider Ryobi, who makes a 18v light. I'd look at the socket, if you knew the HF type.

I'm not that crazy about the light though, the little multi LEDs are more even and handy. Incandescent is history, even the Amish use LEDs.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

I would not have thought of that. Thanks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

With any luck, the HF lights are some bastard design of bulb which isn't compatible with anything else. But, who can tell. I hate buying a tool, break a part of this or that, and can't find replacement parts. Filament bulbs are such an item.

Filament bulbs still have thier uses. When you want white light (not blue fog) and when you need a light to shine a distance. Though, the LED mag lights are very good. The mag or Garrity or Nite Ize bulbs sold separately are blue fog.

I can easily imagine Amish folk using LED. Much more economical.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
[snip]

(that's yellowish)

Reply to
Gary H

Although I agree that incandescent is yellowish, I see how many people like it.

Personally, I tend to like something whiter, but less blue than most white LEDs are. What I really like is a color about that of incandescent and halogen lamps pushed to approaching immediate burnout, around 3600 K, maybe achieving closer to 3700 K. Or carbon arcs, around 3900 K.

Nowadays, the variety of white LEDs is increasing and they continue to improve. However, I have yet to see any 3500 or 4100 K LED flashlights. (I have modified one into 4100 K and another into 3000 K by getting such LEDs and using them to replace the higher color temp. ones already used.)

Reply to
Don Klipstein

Many bulbs now days have white light. With the right bulb, and good batteries.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The lights that I find to be pure white. Include the D cell Mag lights with the factory installed LED bulb. Most Mag equipment, has krypton or Xenon bulbs, which tend to be good white.

I agree, most inexpensive lights with filament bulbs tend to be yellow light.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon