Subject Author Posted Replies

Problems Heating House - Apollo Heating System.
We are having problems getting our house heated this winter, and are trying to figure out why. We have an Apollo Heating System. During the summer, we had a plumber come to our house, and although he...
4
4

Is this the official clock changing day?
Call it the "redistribution of daylight".
19
19

My wife got a new washer
And your divorce hearing is when? Joe
6
6

how to get rid of large orange wasps inside my house
Every fall and spring the inside of my house gets overrun with large orange wasps. They are all pretty sluggish and congregrate along the top corners of west-facing windows where it is obviously...
1
1

What are these on the side of a vacuum breaker?
I have this vacuum breaker on my sprinkler system. What are the 2 small valves on the side for? Can you hook up an air hose to it to blow it out? Also do I have to remove the guts during winter?
3
3

Help troubleshooting Maytag Neptune
Apologies if this is the wrong group! I'm wondering if anyone could help me troubleshoot my Maytag Neptune washer: It is a Maytag Neptune MAH7500AWW (LCD control panel). Note that it DOES NOT use...
6
6

Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor - Clutch/Brake Pedal
I have a 10 year-old 42" Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor. While releasing the Brake/Clutch pedal to the drive position, I heard a "pop". Now the Brake/Clutch pedal does not return to the drive position....
5
5

brown crud in water tank
We have a well and a water tank with a diaphragm. Our water pressure was getting low, so I checked the air pressure in the tank. It was a little low, so I added air. At first it was working well, but...
18
18

Moving a dryer - OK to lay it on the side or back?
I am moving a gas dryer and was curious if they're OK to lay on their sides or back. Any problems with the bearing, etc?
25
25

bagger for rider
Has anyone made a homemade bagging system for the rider? I was thinking about that and trying to rig up something. I have sdeen lawn care people with baggers that look to be made from a plastic...
13
13

A Piece Of Furniture That Will Mess With Your Dope Smoking Friend's Minds
I must obtain one. THIS NEEDS TO BE IN EVERY HOUSE THAT HAS A TABLE!! THIS NEEDS TO BE IN EVERY HOUSE THAT HAS A TABLE!!
6
6

Pouring concrete into a tight space
There is a section of the concrete wall I would like to pour solid concrete into. It is a section that originally was concrete block with a 2" cast iron vent stack inside. I had to cut the wall with a...
5
5

Adding a little antifreeze to sprinkler line.
Last week I blew out my sprinklers. I borrowed a compressor from a friend. Then today while trying to hook up my hose to wash my car, I accidentally hit the gate valve to my sprinkler feed line and a...
29
29

deadbolt misaligned
The front door is hard to lock sometimes. You must push the door strongly to get the deadbolt into the hole. The mechanism turns easily when not attempting to lock the door. The deadbolt strike (?)...
3
3

how much is a square?
Roofer gave me a rough estimate of my roof size. 40 square is the measurement. Is a square equivilent to a bundle of shingles? It seems I can't get the terminology right while making a search.
38
38