how to get rid of large orange wasps inside my house

Every fall and spring the inside of my house gets overrun with large orange wasps. They are all pretty sluggish and congregrate along the top corners of west-facing windows where it is obviously warmer late in the day. I have no idea how they are getting inside--i will sometimes burn my gas fireplace and will get a handful that fall down into the fire, but I keep the damper closed otherwise so I don't think it is likely they get in through the fireplace. I live in a two story house, and I'd guess 99% of the wasps I find are on the first floor.

Any thoughts on how to find where they are getting into the house?

assuming I can't find where they are coming in (if I could, I'd just seal the entry up), any suggestions on how to keep them out?

Reply to
Mark

I would start from checking siding and roof eaves for holes or other openings.

Reply to
Chris