17 years old ac unit noisy

Corsair ac. Very noisy. I want to change compressor with new . Noise will go a way?

Reply to
Hov0200

Corsair ac. Very noisy. I want to change compressor with new . Noise will go a way?

Reply to
Hov0200

Depends on what is making the noise. Could be the compressor, could be the fan motor. Ease of replacement depends on what refrigerant is used.

Best you should talk to a couple of reliable AC contractors.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yeah Go over on the HVAC ng and ask them :-) (only if you like getting beaten up)

What Ed is saying is if the sticker on your condenser says "R-22" the gas might cost more than the compressor and only a licensed refrigerant handler can buy the gas or suck out the old. Buying a new condenser might be the way to go and throw in the "A" coil to match it. The efficiency of new systems will pay back any difference in price pretty fast. The PoCo might even kick in.

Reply to
gfretwell