Subject Author Posted Replies

sewer pipe vs schedule 40
My plumber is in the process of replacing my sewer connection to the city sewer and wants to use a turquoise colored sewer pipe. It seems very flimsy and thin walled. All the plumbing work I have done...
14
14

refrigerator incontinence
Our refrigerator (freezer-on-top, GE "No Frost", c 1980) has suddenly started producing large amounts of water along the underside of the freezer door - possibly only at the 'open' corner. Both the...
12
12

"This Is An Important Message Regarding Your Credit Card/Auto Warranty/..."
Hi, For the past few months I have been bugged by automated telemarketers with spiels starting with "This is an important message regarding your credit card" and a similar one about my expiring auto...
56
56

Cleaning Ceramic tile for reuse
First..let me thank everyone who responded to my earlier post about matching the existing tile. Nothing has been found so I will have to come up with a pattern in a contrasting style/color. While...
8
8

water seal on pressure treated wood?
I have a new deck that has pressure treated wood. I used Thompsons water seal on it to try to keep the new dark look of the wood instead of it fading. The last 2 years the water seal flaked off after...
3
3

Garage door opening randomly
I have a sears garage door opener that opens when it wants. I've removed the batteries from the key pad outside the door, so that's ruled out I have one remote in my truck that is in my driveway and...
21
21

Natural gas pipe size question
I am remodeling two of the apartments in a 3-unit apartment building that I own. It's a 3-floor building with one apartment on each floor. All of the utilities are separate, so each apartment pays all...
13
13

Source for 55 gallon plastic drum ?
I would like to own a 55 gallon drum , preferably made of plastic. I want this to be able to haul K-1 kerosene fuel for my oil heaters. I suppose I could use a metal drum but prefer the plastic as it...
47
47

Dryer cutting off mid cycle
My dryer is cutting off mid cycle and not drying the clothes. I have read that this could be the motor going out or the lint hose is clogged. Well I took the back of the dryer off and cleaned the hose...
4
4

car repair
Anyone know of a good car repair newsgroup or forum? Problems with my '98 Escort.
20
20

1/3 or 1/2 hp sump pump?
What factors must I consider on whether I need a 1/3 or 1/2 hp sump pump?
19
19

Ceiling rafters attached to header
I have a kitchen/dining combo room divided by an arch. The arch is a 4 X 12 header that I want to move into the attic. I want to butt the ceiling rafters into the header beam so that the ceiling is...
7
7

Rockwell Sonicrafter??
Has anyone used the Rockwell Sonicrafter as compared to the Fein MultiMaster, and at less than half the price, is it less than half as good? Free shipping on millions of items. Get the best of...
8
8

Pool Pump Capacitor
Is the physical size of a capacitor important? My pool pump is making a habit of blowing it's capacitor ever few weeks. The best price I can see on line for this particular model is $75, however a...
4
4

silent hydraulic garage door openers?
I'm watching Flashpoint and they want to open the garage door remotely. Will the hostage holders inside hear it. No, it's state of the art hydraulic. Do they really have silent hydraulic garage door...
16
16