Subject Author Posted Replies

What tape to use with mold resistant sheetrock?
Is there a special tape or joint compound to use with mold resistant sheetrock? Or do you just use the regular stuff?
6
6

rubber base moulding
I got a volunteer, but he don't know what he's doing, and I can't tell him. It ain't sticking too good and the out corners are a mess. Who got the tips? Thanks! ----- - gpsman
8
8

Garbage disposals
Do garbage disposals have to be hardwired in? I need to change one and I thought about adding an outlet so it can be plugged in. Wiring the thing in underneath the sink is a royal pain. Jimmie
8
8

Steps
I need new steps for the front door. Why can't I make them with cement blocks. Seems easy enough to just stack them to form steps. The first layer the full length of the steps, the second layer out to...
13
13

I dont want egg shelf in my refridgerator
My fridge has this shelf with egg shaped holes for eggs. Eggs are not eaten or allowed in my house. Eating eggs is for pro-abortion liberal baby killers. My family is pro-life. I want that shelf gone...
16
16

Being the smart person that I am....
Hi all, Here's a question from one of our pals. Help him out if you can, please? THX. --Winston "I drove my (new to me), big, diesel backhoe over the last tank in my two-tank septic system. Still, not...
6
6

ball vs sleeve bearing
Hi, I'm choosing between two bathroom fans. Very similar, one has ball motor bearing, the other "sleeve". The sleeve one is much quieter, but is there a difference in terms of reliability and...
22
22

Whole House Surge Protector
A couple of weeks ago, lighting struck a tree near my house, hit the ground, entered my underground invisible dog fence, ran through the wire to the outlet in the garage where the control unit is...
20
20

Plastic Glues
I broke the wand on a weed sprayer I really like. My 5 minute epoxy holds for a while until a side load is applied then zap. I've shopped Walmart and Home Depot so far and find nothing that claims to...
8
8

gold screws & treated lumber
Hmm, so my box of "gold screws" (which I guess are galvanized) say on the box, "should not be used in treated lumber". Why not? What happens? cheers Jules
10
10

Garbage Disposal Wiring
My house doesn't have a Garbage Disposal (nor do I foresee wanting one) but since I'm replacing drywall behind the kitchen sink and adding another outlet over the countertop, I want to run the wires...
18
18

Problem finding Wall Sconce replacement locknut
Greetings, I need a new glass shade and locknut for a living room wall sconce. I do not know the name brand but I have attached a photo of the locknut. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get one...
5
5

How to choose correct tool to re-thread stripped bolt?
Trying to assist a friend with the repair of a piece of exercise equipment. Someone stripped a threaded part. See the post sticking straight up from the cylindrical part in the picture? what's the...
11
11

Bacteria sick shower head!
Every week or so there is something 'in the news' that's unhealthy or causes a risk to one's well-being! These items sometimes even get 15 seconds of coverage on some TV news spot! Musta been a slow...
78
78

prepping interior trim.
hello. i am about to repaint the trim in my hallway. I do know that there is a layer of lead paint with a coat or two of latex paint. so, i am thinking that snding is out of the question. Would the...
7
7