15 foot long yellow branch trimming pole

Got me a birthday give for my 70th from the wife of a tree trimming pole. It's like 15 feet long or so, yellow, with a yellow knotted rope.

What I don't get is HOW to use it? One hand on the rope, right? One hand on the pole, right? Chop branch, right?

Then what?

There's nothing holding the pole 15 feet in the air anymore. Bang.

Hits me on the head every time. What am I missing?

Reply to
NewsKrawler

You should take it back and get the green one - it's only 12 feet long but you can stand on a step ladder :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Mabee he's missing some brain cells?

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Some bits of hair?

Reply to
micky

For the same or less money he may want to look at an electric pole saw. I have one that is like an electric chain saw at the end of the pole and use one of the Harbor Freight small generators. They have gone up some, but when I bought the generator it was about $ 90. The pole saw was less than $ 100. I put the generator and things on a small wagon I pull with the lawn tractor. Then use about 25 to 50 feet of drop cord between the two. Those generators are often hard to start, but I use some of the starting spray and it will start on one or two pulls. Be sure to wear some eye protection so the saw dust does not fall in your eyes.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 22:33:52 -0000 (UTC), NewsKrawler posted for all of us to digest...

A brain?

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 22:33:52 -0000 (UTC), NewsKrawler posted for all of us to digest...

Hey Arlen, this you? Don't get your finger caught in the nipper when it slides down your hands and pull on the yellow rope.

A PSA from the Tekkie Safety Advice Bureau - funded by your tax dollars.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 02:46:16 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

Pubic?

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 06:19:55 -0400, Buck Fiden posted for all of us to digest...

This is the weapon we should have left in Afghanistan.

This message brought to you by: Tekkie Safety Administration, Tekkie Gun Rights/Lefts, Tekkie Weapons & Ammo Sales and Body Disposal. Tekkie Military Surplus. Your target is our target. Paid for by your taxes. We are a non- profit, non-profit to you.

Reply to
Tekkie©

I borrowed a trimmer with a gas powered chainsaw at the end of pole.

Not bad if you are cutting directly above your head (dangerous) but try the

3 cut method to lop off a branch while standing on a deck and reaching up and out at a 45° angle, at the max length of the pole.

The first cut sucks because you are cutting *up* from under the branch. The second cut is OK because you can rest the saw on the branch The third cut sort of sucks because you want to be exact with cut, staying right on the collar.

None of it's easy when you're reaching out at an angle, leaning over the railing of a deck.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Doesn't happen to me.

Doesn't happen to me.

Doesn't happen to me.

Great exercise. Dog has fun. Blowers make it easy. Did I mention that the dog has fun?

Local handyman does it for $65 and apologizes for charging me so much.

Doesn't happen to me.

You left out:

- No more shade

- No more beautiful fall colors

- No more birds

It must be depressing to live in your dark little world. Maybe that's why you post the crap that you do.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson