Subject Author Posted Replies

Declaration of Independence
Have a good day tomorrow. "Subjects." That's what Thomas Jefferson first wrote in an early draft of the Declaration of Independence to describe the people of the 13 colonies. "...Over the smudge,...
23
23

3 dimensional wall panel
I was watching a DIY show, probably a repeat..and saw a product that caught my eye. They were installing in the shower section what looked like a 3D dimensional wall panel. ..dark color. They said it...
3
3

Help please: cutting styrofoam sheets
My shop has a steel roll-up "garage" door that faces a blistering sun for several hrs/day. I'm determined to insulate it. The easiest way I see is to slap some styrofoam shhet insulation onto it. I...
69
69

Suggeston for bathroom vanity
I was walking through a very nice home last week when the builder showed me a little feature he puts into all his master baths. His electrician installed a duplex receptacle inside each of the bath...
1
1

Basic Microwave Repair?
Hi everyone. I read many web sites about testing and repairing microwave ovens and have concluded that my Sharp microwave has a bad diode and capacitor. I checked the magnetron and, according to what...
15
15

Keeping a toddler out of drawers and cabinets
As grandparents, my wife and I do frequent toddler babysitting. The kitchen cabinets, drawers, and other compartments are very tempting for our grand-daughter to investigate. We are looking for a way...
74
74

Probably a stupid question...
Is it really that bad for a home on a slab foundation to have water standing an inch or inch and a half deep on one side immediately following very heavy rains? We have had six or six and a half...
9
9

OT: Woot & ambiance
OK- I live in the dark ages, apparently. Jo Ann mentioned WOOT & I don't recall ever hearing about it. So I go and look around a bit-- and find an answer for someone who wanted a fireplace just for...
2
2

OT- Google Voice?
Anybody tried the new Google Voice and have any opinions? Thanks,
19
19

swapping out main electrical panel
I have a 30+ year old FPE 200 amp main panel attached to my house. During the last few years, I've had 2 electricians on separate occasions tell me that I should replace the FPE panel due to being a...
28
28

Was: Are These Commonly Available?
You were very helpful on that one (Channel nuts) Thanks Again! Now what I can't find is the floor channel cover in black PVC!(or any color) This is 1and5/8" channel and the cover width is 2and1/2". It...
1
1

there are rotating outlets advertised in Home Depot's web site
think I found rotating outlets at Home Depot, if I'm reading this description correctly. If yes, this solves the problem of horizontal switches and thus night lights facing sideways. Would these be...
23
23

Three-way switch with on/off indicator
Are there three-way switches that have indicators (e.g. a light) that tells you whether the circuit is on or not? I checked a couple of stores online, and there are lighted three-way switches, but...
50
50

Opinions on upgrading Electrical panel...
I am thinking of having our 42 year old 100 amp fuse panel replaced with a 100 amp breaker panel. Right now we cannot add new wires/circuits as the fuse panel is full. The panel has the stove and pot...
24
24

Wiring question (2)
# 1. Putting in an outdoor (water proof and GFIC) plug for a friend. Plan is to go from the post mounted electrical panel to the house, under the house to the other side, and mount on the side of the...
23
23