Subject Author Posted Replies

Who makes (or where can I buy) 2" glass blocks?
Glass blocks (for privacy or decorative walls and window openings) are usually 3" and 4" wide. According to the following statement (which is apparently 6 years old), it would seem that 2" blocks...
9
9

Advice on label remover
I found a front cover for my "dumpster special computer". I am looking for recommendations on removing the plethora of stickers on it without ruining the plastic finish. Thanks, Andy
15
15

Stinky tools
I've had the same problem for years, mostly with Craftsman and other brands which have clear handles. Not so much with Snap-On. I'm mystified.
5
5

Water Treatment Question
My girlfriend's well water has high levels of iron, giving the water a sulfur smell and staining her sinks and toilets orange. A local water treatment outfit has suggested she install a hydrogen...
11
11

Some electrical outlets not working
Some of the outlets in my house stopped working. Outlets on individual walls in different rooms work while others don't. They are associated with different fuses, but the fuses are okay. I double...
51
51

patio door rollers
How do i change the rollers on a very heavy you pull it toward outside orinside??>???
22
22

Nec code clarification
I'd like a clarification of 300.22C (exception). Can a NM cable pass through a residential heating system return plenum which was created by closing the bottom of the ceiling joists with sheet metal....
3
3

Electric Drills
We have a Ryobi electric drill. The case says 12.0 .... anyway it's about 8 years old I think. It is the kind with a rechargeable battery....and it works o.k. for most things. One thing I have never...
29
29

Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.
Oh, ye who are much smarter than *&&^%$) Verizon (if one can ever reach a "human'): 1. I may have to break down and buy a new 32"TV -- which I hate to do, given the small number of channels I watch...
132
132

My electricity is broke
Alternate title-- This could only happen to me A corner of the basement of this 1937 hovel is still the original 2 wire. My ten cent circuit tester suggested electricity was flowing to the original...
2
2

we're moving .............
Paint yesterday, start on laying tile today. Remodel involving three rooms. Kitchen, dining room, wall to family room. Removed post and added 16' header beam. Removed old tile. Putting new. Removed...

Epoxy Fix Question
I have a number of individual hot/cold faucets (commercial) that swing around when used. The lead nut is corroded to the faucets in most instances. There is no room to put a saw blade to them, even if...
29
29

I'm A Man, I can Fix That!
Good night, Posterous
16
16

Gutter System
I am planning to replace my gutter system since we have been using it for year's now. Can you give me a tip what material that is best to use in a gutter system except from wood because it absorbs...
15
15

How to remove this unusual light switch?
I need to replace a broken light switch, and I can't figure out how to remove the thing. The switch is a "rocker" type, but the rocker covers the whole front of the switch box. Thus there's no cover...
15
15