Subject Author Posted Replies

2 Cycle Oil v/s Outboard Oil (for chainsaw)
For my chainsaw I normally buy the oil to add to the gas called 2 Cycle Oil. Recently the store did not have any, so I bought a thing called "Outboard Oil" (which says for 2 cycle outboard engines)....
8
8

Leaking Whirlpool Dishwasher
m the bottom corners of the door. =A0I can not figure out why it happens so= metimes, and other times not. ook good and the "knife edge" of the door that engages on them is good. =A0= I can not see...
1
1

OT: Amazon price markups
As you may know, in addition to the items Amazon itself sells, some of the items that are found at are in fact sold by other vendors: Amazon collects the money, but the order is fulfilled by another...
10
10

Drain plaque
My plumbing woes started the other day when I heard a dripping sound in the basement ceiling. It would coincide with kitchen sink usage (one floor above the basement) so I figured it was a leaking...
19
19

Vent Pipe Part
I am looking to replace the round rubber part at the bottom of this bathroom vent pipe (see link at bottom) where it enters the roof. You can partly see on the other side that the rubber is crumbling...
8
8

Generators, run on nat. gas....
Awl -- I was just informed of the existence of these, here's an example: $1700 (for 7 kW) doesn't seem too bad (altho 25 A x 240 V calcs out to 6 kW -- ). They have a 17 kW for about $3500. This seems...
59
59

Platform for cleaning and painting windows. . .
Our coop apartment building is four floors, on irregular ground. The upshot is, getting access to the windows makes painting and cleaning pretty costly. Our painters/cleaners routinely use 60-foot...
6
6

Hoist brake solenoid buzzes/fluckers instead of steadily pulling
I have a 3 phase Yale 1/2 ton hoist. It has an electric brake with a solenoid, whose job is to pull away the brake lever when 230VAC is supplied to it. The problem is that it does not do it. Instead...
22
22

Please suggest a good product to clean garage floors
I used my pressure washer to clean the floor of our garage yesterday. There is some rust, apparently overflow from our previous car, and some oil stains. The washer didn't do the job in these areas. I...
6
6

What's a good automatic pasta maker that can be bought in America
I've had the manual Imperia pasta maker - which works ok - but it's manual. On the other hand, the Ronco automatic pasta maker was a tremendious disappointment because it broke almost every time I...
11
11

Weep or Vent Holes in Wood Storm
I have a 4' x 4' 20 pane fixed wood window in my family room. There's a 2 pane wood storm that has been previously caulked around the perimeter. I've had occasional condensation, typically on the...
1
1

HVAC parts markup
Had a local HVAC company check out our furnace a few days ago -- first time in almost 8 years ("if it ain't broke, don't fix it," and we have carbon monoxide detectors). The only thing he could find...
9
9

More effective "power washer"
What they're doing is a modification or extension of the concept of ultrasonic cleaning as implimented in lab appliances like instrument cleaners: come in various sizes from about the size of a small...
3
3

Digging hole concrete cement for high-wind (120mph) WiFi antenna
I've never done this before so I merely ask advice. Googling, I find that this seems to be the set of steps to install a combination TV WiFi (WISP) antenna pole (mast?) in the San Francisco bay area...
17
17

Need to Trace Underground Wire
We currently have a Romex cable that was used to feed loudspeakers in a remote building. The cable is buried probably not more than a foot underground. We have access to both ends but have need to...
16
16