Please suggest a good product to clean garage floors

I used my pressure washer to clean the floor of our garage yesterday. There is some rust, apparently overflow from our previous car, and some oil stains. The washer didn't do the job in these areas. I figure I will need to put some cleaner of some kind on and let it soak and then wash. Just don't know though.

I'd appreciate suggestions.

Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob-tx

"Bob-tx" wrote:=20

TriSodiumPhosphate (TSP)

OR oxalic acid

OR

sodium hydroxide (50:1) w/H2O (dangerous)

--=20

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.=20 If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,=20 We're going to kill you first, period."

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)

Reply to
G. Morgan

Gasoline (a small amount) scrubbed into the oil should take care of that. Do that first, and if there's any oil stain still there then use laquer thinner on it.

As others have mentioned, various acids will take the rust stain out.

Reply to
Home Guy

I still do what worked 50 years ago in gas station lube bays. Spill gasoli= ne on the floor. Push it around with a broom. Spill about a gallon (enoug= h for a 20x20 garage) of burnt rice hull ash (available at NAPA). Push ash= with broom and cover entire floor. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes and the= n sweep it all up. Floor comes out looking clean and slightly white form t= he rice hulls. Re-use old rice hulls at least 20 more times before tossing= away.

Ivan Vegvary (working from the same bag of hulls for 25=B1 years now)

Reply to
ivanvegvary

French maid.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

tide, a small amount of water and a stiff broom.

Reply to
Steve Barker

When I worked in a Ford garage of some vintage in 1959 I remember the boss had us use Tide the detergent to remove 30 or more years of deposit. It worked to his satisfaction then. Today the phosphorus has most likely been removed so TSP that has its original content is good. Get it at a paint and hardware store. Make sure it has the phosphorus in it. Read the label if you are not sure.

Reply to
joevan