Subject Author Posted Replies

How did the burglars enter?
Burglars recently entered my home while I was away overnight. When I returned, I saw two possible ways to enter and exit. In the kitchen, the sliding door to the patio was open enough for someone to...
78
78

Please identify type of weather stripping on entry door?
I've seen then on lots of doors but I can't determine what its called. The installer routes out an edge of the door all around and installs a metal lip that marries to an opposing lip installed the...
1
1

What is typical overhang of wood threshold over riser?
I'm in the process of replacing a wood threshold and was wondering if there was a standard overhang measurement for over the riser board? 1/2" looks about right but I didn't know. Any know the specs?...
1
1

Recirculating heat motor ... can it be quieted or bypassed (pic included)
I need advice on this heat pump motor: bought a house which apparently has a rather noisy heat-recirculation motor, which kicks in more frequently than we'd like, and which is situated just below...
45
45

What is a "secial service tool"?
Uh...what are you talking about? I'd call a "torque wrench" a "torque wrench" regardless of what I was using it on. What is prompting this question?
35
35

Who is it?
His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept...
57
57

OT: You are what you drive
Strategic Vision has the result of a survey in which they ranked new car purchases by the political affiliation of the buyers. Democrats 1. Honda Civic 2. Volvo C30 3. Nissan Leaf 4. Acura TSX Wagon...
18
18

Americans brace for next foreclosure wave
Ever notice that you never see headlines like "Canadians brace for next forclosure wave" ??? Now - who's going to be the first bone-head to full-quote the entire text of this post just to add one...
29
29

OT: Colorado buyers saved from Amazon tax
"A federal court has thrown out a 2010 Colorado law meant to spur online retailers like Amazon to collect state sales tax. The law had already been temporarily blocked in federal court last year, but...
39
39

Water dripping into refrigerator section from the freezer above
I have a 14-year-old Kenmore 106.68862891 top freezer refrigerator, with no ice maker. While there is never visible ice on the walls, floor or ceiling of the freezer, ice forms under the floor of the...
15
15

What is correct height for a stove top vent hood?
Our vent hood is mounted too low for ergonomic reasons. Being tall people and having it mounted at its present height, both my wife and I either hit our heads on it, or have to duck under to even look...
12
12

Concrete Patio
I have a concrete patio that has a few cracks (minor) in it, plus some rust stains. Is there anything I can do to cover this up to enhance it? I am thinking pavers, or some decorative rock, and not...
10
10

Half Circle window trim
How about an architectual mill work firm??
3
3

OnlineMetals.com or TheMetalStore.com?
Their aluminum flat bar is one half the price of MacMaster. At Online Metals, apparently ordering more than two pieces of the same type (same line number) adds a cut fee.
3
3

How to find .pdf mower manual?
I've tried several Google searches for a .pdf manual for my Murray riding mower, model # 28v707 but it seems that, although I see the make and model in the link, I have yet to see the manual to...
2
2