odors

I have been on rv group talking about getting rid of rv odor. I bought a closed up unit which I'm working on. Anyway, I have been treating with ozone, and going to try vinegar cleaning. I ran into this product which I'll use soon. Like to report results. Chlorine type cleansing.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Easy fix. Spread a number of sheets of fabric softener (Bounce for example) on carpets, mattress, furniture, etc. Leave unit closed for a couple days.

Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob-tx

What is the smell and what kind of 'treating'?

I've locked a room up with an Alpine Air ozone generator for overnight and it ate all the odors of a smoldering mattress. My son uses them in cars that come in with dead animals, sour milk, too much perfume, cat urine, and god-knows-what-else.

An overnight treatment is usually all that is necessary. 2 nights has never failed.

What does it mean when youtube just sends me to *my* watch later list? Is Youtube broke-- Did greg send the wrong link? -- Or is he a spammer? [the handle looks familiar, so I didn't think that was it . . ]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I THINK ozone is effective only against organic odors. If the smell comes, for instance, from outgassing of vinyl, it may be ineffective.

Reply to
HeyBub

How about a bottle of Febreze and about one minute spritzing?

BTW - how does that stuff work? Could it be the same as Bounce anyway? What *happens* to the smelly molecules, do they just bind to the active ingredients and fall to the floor, to be vacuumed up, or would they be captured in the Bounce sheets - as that's certainly not my impression of how they work in a dryer where they give up some compound to be spread around the clothes??

J.

Reply to
JRStern

I don't know how it's supposed to work. The other owner left 4-5 spray bottles, almost empty. So much for that.

I was boiling vinegar today, whew !!

Greg

Reply to
gregz

well if you keep adding new odors, you can hardly complain that the stuff you used yesterday didn't work!

J.

Reply to
JRStern