have changed to LED's on motion sensor. when off LEDs' have a low glow

Unfortunately, there's no way around it that I know except changing the sensor - the motion sensor is activating an SCR-based solid state relay. LEDs don't draw enough current (certainly nothing like what the old incandescent bulb used to) to reliably shut the SCR gate and it keeps leaking current. Basically, you need an LED-aware motion sensor that uses additional internal circuitry to work around this physical limitation.

Reply to
homeowners

I have a motion detector in my garage and have always used standard lights. I just changed to LED's and they are great when sensor is on however when sensor turns off the LED's retain a soft very dim light. They do not turn off. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Anonymous