WHAT COULD THE KNOCKING BE ON Toro self propeeled 22

I have a 22" cut Toro self propelled electric start. I hit a tree root and stopped it dead. After that I hear a knocking on start up and will not start using electric ignition key. Pull rope only and hard to start.

Reply to
steve

You probably broke some teeth off the starter and maybe even bent the drive shaft. Have someone check it out or get a new mower when it finally dies. Though, I have to say. I've had perfect luck in getting everything back to normal with nothing but a 2nd and even 3rd shot at the tree root.

Reply to
Anonymous