Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Use patio furniture as front room furniture?
Am on a very tight budget anyone ever think abt using patio furniture indoors as front room furniture? You can buy a well made set of patio furniture.... chair, love seat, coffee table, end table......
3
3

Landscaping Question - Spruce Trees
Greetings all, I live in Zone 5 (Catskill Region of New York State). I would like to plant a few 10 to 14 foot spruce trees on my side lawn to screen some unpleasant sightings from across the street....
2
2

question for community garden on plows
Our church group is beginning a community garden of 150'x75'. I am a total newbie on gardening stuff. I assume we'll be using neat rows of stuff for planting. I'm trying to put together a package of...
5
5

community garden question
Our church is starting toward a community garden. We'll have a 150'x75' plot. Our garden is going to go in a big lawn. We know we should either push off the grass or we'll be doing weeding later....
2
2

more freaking snow
I love my Craftsman snow blower! I love all my Craftsman equipment! my little 24" 5 horsepower even threw the crappy snow we had this morning, it was like 5 inches of tapioca for crying out loud....
1
1

Gardening videos on YouTube?
Hello! Does anyone know of any other good sites where I can see gardening videos? So far I only found this one -- something like this would be great! in advance. Charlie
1
1

Rhubarb peeking thru
About half our plants have popped up through the ground. They are in a nice sunny spot.
3
3

we are being watched
shows up if you take a part of the post and do a web google. Clark... Lawns - (alt.home.lawn.garden) A newsgroup dedicated to lawn growing, maintainance and lawn problem solving. Covers all aspects of...
7
7

About to give up
After years of trying to get a decent bit of rear lawn - I am at th point of gracefully admitting defeat. Half the lawn is swampy wet mos of the year,the other half bone dry. Added to this the kids,...
2
2

Best preemergent for my lawn?
I'm still learning so if you can offer any advice, I'd appreciate it. I have a lawn care chemical company that takes care of my sodded areas, but he said it would be too expensive for me to use his...
5
5

Float charger
Today I was playing in the garage and decided to start the riding mower. Well the battery is dead. My neighbor says that he keeps a float charger on his all winter. Can someone tell me what a float...
4
4

water well test
I'm starting work on a community garden for our church. The first thing is I need to check out an old but maybe useable well. We have good, 2" outflo at the 2hp pump pipe. Is that all I can do to test...
7
7

Need advice on trees
Hi--new to this group. I am in S.Tx. and have some oaks, as well as an Arizona ash, some kind of elm, and several all have that ugly moss growing on them. It may possibly be a little worse on the ones...
3
3

Testing battery
Hey y`all!! How do I test a gel sel battery on a riding mower? It doesn`t have any caps that can be removed. Other than keeping it clean what other maintenance is required? I know I`m rushng things...
1
1

eBay's most-watched Hedge Trimmers
http://xrl.us/HedgeTrimmers