Tapped Maples

We tapped a few maple trees today and stuck a half-dozen spiles in. This is a week later than normal for us - but nothing was running today - not a drop - nada.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Blame Al Gore.

Reply to
Steveo

Got about a gallon and a half from the 6 spiles today.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Sweet, things are looking up already. I love me some pancakes with real butter and maple syrup. yum

Reply to
Steveo

I was wondering if they were really Oaks like in that commercial...... Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

I made a mistake like that the first year we tapped trees - when the leaves are off it's hard to tell - but these are trees that produced good sap last year .

Reply to
Srgnt Billko