sears push lawn mower question -

I can start lawn mower and begin to cut the grass with a grass catcher. When
full the mower is shut off while I empty catcher. When I try to start mower
again it won't start .It has to cool down before it will start again. This
happens everytime. Any idea?
Reply to
Bob Hall
How are you trying to start it? If you're fiddling with the primer and/or choke when it's hot that could be an issue. Should just try to start it without that. If that's not the issue, I'd start with the simple stuff, make sure air filter is clean, put a new plug in if the existing one is old. Sometimes an ignition coil going bad gets weak as it gets hotter. With the engine running, might be enough spark there to keep it going, but no enough to re-start it. I'd check for spark at the plug when it won't start.
Reply to
trader4
To check it for spark, take the plug out, reconnect it to the wire and use a jumper wire to ground the metal of the plug to the engine. It can be hard to see the spark, doing it in a darkened garage makes it easy to see.
Reply to
trader4

Site Timeline Threads