Redcaps prolific

Lots of redcaps this year - and they very conveniently wait until the blackcaps are finished to ripen. We've been picking them just before noon and having them fresh with our lunch. The remainder goes to relatives, friends and neighbors.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Don't really know the technical terms for them but that's what they are called around here. I've also heard some people refer to the red ones as wild rasberries but they don't taste like rasberry.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Black Cap Raspberry Rubus leucodermis Edible. Fruits July-August. Ripe when deep red or black, pull off a central core. Plant usually single or few stems, white with curved, flat thorns. Leaves in 3, alternate similar to salmonberry and blackberries. Uncommon. Found in scattered locations that get sunshine,

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

I was hoping it wasn't a reference to Amanita muscaria.

Reply to
Eigenvector

Never heard of it - but I looked it up and I see what you mean. Neat !!

Reply to
Srgnt Billko