outdoor portable water fountain question----power strip

Hi, I have several outdoor water fountains that I made.. I would like to run all at the same time.. I have power outdoors with 2 outlets.. I would like to buy a powerstrip and the any required extension cords... I imagine there must be a special outdoor powerstrip that would be waterproof?? Can someone give me some info on that? Thanks! KOS

Reply to
KOS

Something like this?

Tomes

Home Depot and Lowes sell an outdoor-rated timer/extension unit with four outlets and a cover to make it waterproof. One version comes with a timer that you can set for on/off times, another version has a photocell to turn things on at dark, then run them for a preset period of time. One model comes with a short cord and a spike so that it can be put into a garden area or moved around; another is intended to be wall-mounted. Because of our heavy summer rains, I built a couple of bird-house sized enclosures to help protect these boxes from the elements.

To do it properly, you probably also want to equip your present outdoor outlet with a special cover that is used when there are items plugged in full time. It's in the electric supply aisle and various styles cost about $10-$15, as I recall. It will keep the GFI or CB from tripping due to water infiltration from rain or sprinklers.

There is also a unit manufactured by Bell that has been in the big-box stores that replaces the standard outdoor box with a weatherproof box and four outlets. I have one in place and it works fine, but I bought it a year ago on closeout sale, and I haven't looked for it (or noticed it) in the stores recently.

Reply to
JimR