Holes in yard

I have a lot holes in my yard. If I didn't know better I would think cicadas were emerging. Any ideas??

Reply to
T. L. Pope-Green

white grubs.

Reply to
sally

: white grubs.

How big are the holes?

Here we have - of all things - a crawdad looking thing that burrows in the clay an leaves what looks like a nuclear smoke stack above it. Rauses the devil with the mower.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Unbelievable what people post expecting to get answers. No info as to whether the hole is 1/16 inch or 1 inch. Nor any info as to whether the location is Miami or England. Sort of like saying my car doesn't work anymore, how do I fix it.

Reply to
trader4

Unbelievable what people post expecting to get answers. No info as to whether the hole is 1/16 inch or 1 inch. Nor any info as to whether the location is Miami or England. Sort of like saying my car doesn't work anymore, how do I fix it.

Reply to
trader4

If the holes are about 2 inches wide it may be squirrels either digging up stuff they buried or "planting" new ones they've found. I've got holes likwethat in my lawn & border areas & I've seen the squirrels digging them.

Terry

Reply to
Mack

Likewise, it's unbelievable what people replying, will post.

As the OP posted that they thought cicadas were emerging, that gives a clue to the size of the hole. Seems like "info" to me.

(resolves to: pool-68-236-xxx-xxx.hag.east.verizon.net) and

is most likely a valid email domain for the poster, coinciding with the Posting-Host and Path headers.

Pretty much narrows it down, doesn't it?

You're answer was sort of like saying, "Replace the engine." without even opening the hood.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Likewise, it's unbelievable what people replying, will post.

As the OP posted that they thought cicadas were emerging, that gives a clue to the size of the hole. Seems like "info" to me.

(resolves to: pool-68-236-xxx-xxx.hag.east.verizon.net) and

is most likely a valid email domain for the poster, coinciding with the Posting-Host and Path headers.

Pretty much narrows it down, doesn't it?

Your answer was sort of like saying, "Replace the engine." without even opening the hood.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Are you stoopid?

Reply to
Steveo

More like, imho, if someone has white grubs and yard holes, it would be what is eating the white grubs creating the holes.

Skunks maybe?

tom @

Tom The Great