Best 22" Mulching mower to buy

Everything I read leans toward Toro. I will have to lift this mower often and it's 89 Lbs. It will be a commercial use mower. I guess these days bagging grass is not as popular as it was years ago. Our family used to have a Lawnboy with a Magnesium deck and it was light weight and lasted forever but it was 2-cycle. Would would you suggest? I want something good but don't want to spend over $400.00 Thanks

Reply to
lerner

I'm very happy with my Ariens and it has single lever height adjustment which is important to me.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

I'm very happy with my Honda Harmony . It does an excellent job of mulching, always starts right up and has been trouble free for 7 years now.

Reply to
trader4

HONDA!!!

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

Good day Lerner, I highly doubt that you'll find a "commercial use" mower for $400 dollars. The Toro that you speak of sounds like the Toro personal pace mower which is just like the lawn-boy of the same price. The drive wheels on the back of the mower are made of plastic and the drive gears grind up the wheels.

Reply to
Timothy

deeper than the others so it might cut and mulch better and clog less. Most of the wheels of the ones I am looking at are rubber. I do check the wheels at least.

Reply to
lerner