Help - Moss in lawn

Moved to new house. Lawn has some areas with lots of moss. Is there anything I can use other than the stuff in the bags? It seems that is always wet inside and doesnt go through my rotary spreader very well. Does anyone make some kind of spray???

Thanks, John

Reply to
john

Good day John. What is the "stuff in the bags" called? It should not be wet, moist or even damp. For what it's worth, moss-out and other products that 'kill' moss will only work for a short while if you don't fix the under laying cultural problems that the lawn area has. Yes, there are spray-able moss killers and I tend to like them better for smaller areas.

Moss can be caused by: poor drainage. poor light. soil overly compacted (poor drainage)

These issues will have to be recognized and dealt with before you can get a solution that will last.

Reply to
Timothy

yep they do...

you could try to store your lawn sand in a dry place and cove your hopper when applying

-- turf doc

Reply to
turf doc

Moss (and mushrooms!) do not like sweet soil. So, apply lime (not limestone).

Reply to
Stubby

Some of the spray and forget products you use on your house can also be used on lawns to kill moss. DO check with the manufacturer or retailer on this however.

rob

Reply to
George.com