Heating up Joolie's green house (0/1)

I am trying to hep out that old gal. So wood yew all pleez take a look at this hyar thang a muh BoB!? I done posted it over yonderway at... alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.

I ain't never made sech of a thang as this but (and this is a big butt) I don't see why it wooden work! Dew yew!?? I meen this is how they make solar furnaces and so forth and so on. It wooden exactly melt steel, butt it mite put out enough heat to keep the frost off the punkins!

No, hit ain't a patentable thang - these thangs bin made before. And it costs ever bit of $5 or less to make, so jest try this hyar thang out and post the outcome!

Guv BoB

Guv Bob

PS - 'Blidged

pleez

it

is

Guv Bob

10-4
Reply to
Steveo

Whoops - done all reddy left out won of thee importunt parts..... Yew have to insulate the outlet pipe reel good. Best to use some kindly of plastic pipe and not steel/metal and so forth.

pleez

it

is

Guv Bob

Onliest problem I got with it is thet you used up aloonuem foil what could have been used to make a beanie to reflektocate them mind control waves from the international space station. Lord man...dont ya know there is a war on? :)

But I did make a solar cooker oncest and used discarded aluminized mylar (truest story) An it cooked taters and carrots jest fine. So I don't see why your invention wooden work as long as the pipe is insulated reel good and off the ground a bit. Course how cold it is outside might have somethin to do with it. My solar cooker was propped off the ground with a small piece of

2X4 an it would bout boil water. But I never did try it in the winter though.

One thought...maybe puttin a layer of clear plastic over the exposed pipe would help keep the air around the pipe warmer. I used one of them plastic turkey cookin bags and put a mason jar painted black in it and blew into it. (provided the needed CO2) an put it in the center of the funnel shaped solar cooker. It got so hot that you would burn your fingers if ya touched the jar with bare hands after only 1 hour.

Reply to
militiaguy

"militiaguy" wrote

the exposed pipe

mason jar painted

put it in the

that you would burn

only 1 hour.

Sounds like a winner, Beav. What did yew stuff the turkey with?

Guv "Mr. Wizard" BoB

Reply to
Guv Bob

I hadn't been over thar to that perticlar group afore. Thanks for the idee. hit looks like a good un. Thinks I'll lurk round thar awile to check it out. Yore thang-a-ma-jiggy looks like hit mite work. Neat idea anyway. v

Reply to
vikigal

Reply to
militiaguy