Cat 1 - Dog 0

Another candidate for the glue factory.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Saw that one. I recall our cat once seeing off a fox, although it didn't even have to touch it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Foxes are timid and will run from almost anything.

Reply to
Bob Martin

It also tried to have a go at a rottweiler on one occasion. I'd forgotten that!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Our cat was chased up the flat stairs by a huge Alsatian (German Shepard) until she got to our front door which was closed (I could see what was happening but couldn't react fast enough). She couldn't go any further so turned and "fuffed" at the dog it halted in its tracks then she made a lunge for the dog it turned and fled . She was not a big cat but the dog must have seen how P'ed off she was and how sharp her claws and teeth were and thought "blow this for a game of soldiers".

Reply to
soup

With Hackney foxes these days you're lucky if they saunter away with an arrogant "I've got rights, touch me and I'll have you" sneer over their shoulders. Many generations now have have had nowt to fear and my impression is that their behaviour has changed.

Reply to
Robin

Most animals that can fluff themselves up can make themselves appear almost twice their original size, that alone must scare off most attackers, also a cornered animal will do what ever it can to get out of the situation, sort of a 'if i'm going to be killed anyway, i may as well try a suicidal thing first)

Rats are most notorious for this, it is amazing how big they can make themselves look when they bog brush (pet rat term for them fluffing up, they hold their tail straight out during this, so look like a toilet cleaning implement) i rekon that was the reason for half the sightings of 'rats the size of cats'

The other thing is people thinking they are going for their neck when they jump after being cornered, they are really aiming for the escape route they have spotted over the persons shoulders.

With dogs chasing things, quite often the prey animal stopping dead is enough to make them loose their interest, as it's all about the chase to most dogs.... it took me ages to teach my rescue dog to bring the balls back to me after she had chased after them, she'd run like hell after it (i'd use one of those plastic ball launchers you clip the ball into then swing, making the ball go a couple hundred foot easilly) But once it stopped rolling, she would touch it with her nose, then wander back to me, leaving it where it was.

She gets more enjoyment out of chasing a ball with a few other dogs down the park, but unless it lands right in her path, she will deliberately move to one side to let another dog get it once she's had her chase of it.

Reply to
Gazz

If it's the one I saw the video of on Facebook, it doesn't quite ring true. There is a shot of the kid playing, a shot of the cat, then a shot of the dog approaching, then the attack where the cat sees the dog off. Then pics of the bites to the kid. Looks staged.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

Well the time on the CCTV holds up well but it did give a staged impression, must be a lot of cam's around that house more than what Adam had or still has?.

Any interesting vid's of late ARW if your on channel/>

Reply to
tony sayer

It does somewhat. The camera angles are fortunate, to say the least, but given that a CCTV installation can easily have more cameras than a TV studio, and cost peanuts, you could end up with a sequence like this once in a while.

Reply to
Graham.

No. But one that I did not YouTube was me getting knocked out of bed at 2am by the police. There were reports that someone had been trying door handles two streets away and the police sniffer dog seemed attracted to my house.

Not a problem. The best thing to do was watch the CCTV with the police. It could show a stranger walking down the street (or maybe down my garden path) and would certainly show that I had not been out in the last hour.

What we saw was the police dog chasing my cat that was sat at the top of the garden path!

Reply to
ARW

Seen this one?

Sorry I cannot find the version without the annoying music - and why was there CCTV in the house?

Reply to
ARW

Hmmm. Whole thing looked like CGI to me.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Cats don't like dogs playing with their food.

Reply to
dennis

Woudn't be surprised, not many in Hackney go after the foxes with a pack of hounds (even if it was legal) or a couple of onces of high speed lead. They are much more likely to actually encourage or feed 'em...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I remember driving back home from Basingstoke late one Xmas day (before anyone starts, I no longer drink ;-)) and saw more foxes than pedestrians.

When my dog was still around, the same would apply on his late night walk. With some being quite aggressive towards the dog - from a distance.

When one comes into the garden, it will often come right up to the closed patio doors. And even if it sees you inside, doesn't seem worried. But keep their distant if you're outside.

My niece, who lives on the outskirts of Leighton Buzzard, has badgers in the her garden at night. Now that would be a real talking point in Balham.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We get 'em round here. Which is a drat since they dig up the lawn and there are no hedgehogs.

Reply to
Tim Streater

That's interesting. I once found dig marks in the back garden and couldn't work out what had made them Our primary suspects are pheasants or squirrels and the occasional fox. Never thought of a badger

Reply to
fred

And the cat looked black but the news shot later of the kid and the cat on a lounge showed a tabby.

Reply to
F Murtz

I'm not sure there's such a lack of high speed lead in hackney, I live near chimes, lea bridge round about.

whisky-dave