Dog and lawn

I am, if there's a target clipped to its torso. :-) I'm a gardener. Dogs....gardens....violence. Life is good. :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I read or heard once, a while back, that giving the pooch some tomatoe juice once in a while should do the trick. Something about the acidity change between the two liquids. (Juice & pee)

Also, I have heard this only applies to male dogs...Apparently female dog pee doesn't cause this?? Not sure about that though...

Reply to
bb2004

Almost, Lukas. It's usually the female dog that has the grass burning urine.

(almost always)

Reply to
Steveo

THAT BITCH!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

The only real difference is that the female squats, concentrating the urine that kills the grass. Male dogs don't tend to squat and those that do will kill the grass just like females do.

Thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

-snip-

Nope. There is a difference in the male/female dogs urine. Many male dogs squat too without turf injury. Females tear it up 10 times more than males, i've seen it forever.

Reply to
Steveo