help: dry spot on lawn

I am in Ottawa (Ontario). There is a spot on my front lawn where the soil is dried out fairly quickly and the grass there looks brown and sparse. That spot looked nice in early Spring, but lately it has been hot and that area is worsening noticeably. The area is not large, just about 2mx2m (~6'x6'), is about 2-3m !6-7') westward from a tree. Last Fall I put more top soil/peat moss/seeds (red creeping fescue+ Kentucky blue grass) there. I water it regularly this Spring too, but now it looks brown. Grass nearby this spot looks fine though. What could I do? Plant different kind of grass?

Thanks -

Reply to
gardin

Is there any chance there is someting in the sub-soil directly under that spot?

Reply to
Steveo

I am not sure if there is something under that spot. There could be some water pipe or underground power cable (if that is what you are asking).

Reply to
gardin

I've found all kinds of stuff buried by the builders under lawns, sometimes it will cause an area to be blighted.

Reply to
Steveo

Is it really dried out? Or is this a disease/fungus issue? Since you can apparently water it, you should be able to give it sufficient water. Even areas that dry quickly can get enough water if you water every third day or so in hot weather. I'd lay off fertilizer and give it sufficient water. If it doesn't respond, it's not a water issue.

Reply to
trader4