Dog Urine on lawn

Am temporarily keeping our daughters dog which is a female. Naturally, it urinates at random spots on the lawn, leaving brown circles. I've been sprinkling lime on the spots hoping to counter the acid of the urine. What advice do you experienced grass growers have for me? Please don't say get rid of the dog. I've already thought of that.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Solis

Phisherman

Like Phisherman says, water is the answer. I've got two large dogs and any brown spots they make go away just fine. The only problem is that the areas can be too green later.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Why do we always get this type of postings from webtvers?

Would certainly hope your daughter is a female.

You should turn off the freaking TV, get off your lazy butt and take the bitch for a walk at least twice a day.

If your daughter is the one urinating in the yard, potty training is way overdue.

Who told you that urine is acidic?

Then you put the lime in the coconut and mix them both together. Drink them up and then you'll feel better.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

AT:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE

Reply to
dr-solo

There is a great discussion on this at:

Toni

Great. Screw up someone else's lawn. Pass the ammo, please.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

That way they will get the entire neighborhood pissed off and they will be forced to get rid of the incontinent bitch!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

I like the plan. :-) But, why is there not a Hav-No-Heart trap for dogs?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I was working in someone's home for a week last summer. He has security cameras set up inside and out. The outside is for his own entertainment. This guy sits in front of the TV with a remote in his hand and watches for people walking their dogs. If the dog gets on his grass, then he hits the remote and the sprinkler system goes on. He thought it was especially funny when the people got wet. Oh yeah, if it's after dark the lights come on too.

Jean

Reply to
MissJeananneseedster

I want to buy that guy a bottle of wine! :-)

Some of the dog criminals here tell me "Oh...the first six feet belongs to the town, not you. That means we can let our dogs stop there". Pass the ammo.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

That guy gave me the willies! How many people just sit and watch their security cameras all day? Weird, definitely weird. He did have a beautiful lawn though. ; )

Reply to
MissJeananneseedster

Such criticism coming from somebody with nothing better to do than critique newsgroup messages.

Its the pot calling a pot a pot.

Would you rather the dude used a pellet gun instead?

It would be easier if he just used a motion detector!!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

Well, he obsessiveness is spooky, but his goal was a pure and noble one: To cause discomfort to dog criminals. :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I agree. I like the term, "dog criminals" too. My daughter lives next door to people who have a pit bull who runs loose every morning. She cleans it up out of her yard and throws it back in theirs. Been going on for a long time.

Jean

Reply to
MissJeananneseedster

Throwing it in their yard allows them to pick it up with a shovel. Unscathed, in other words. Tell her to lift their windshield wipers, drop it onto the windshield, and jam the wipers into it. This way, they have no choice but to handle it. Best done on a day when she can stay home, so she can call the police when the neighbors come over to complain.

Or, have her borrow a video camera. In some towns, the dog catcher won't issue a citation unless there's "real good proof" whose dog it was. Here, 3 citations and your dog is taken away. The video camera can help her arrange for the 3 citations within a matter of days, thereby accelerating the removal of the vermin.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Reply to
Sir Toppam Hat

Dogs are hideous mistakes of nature, harbored by *other* mistakes of nature.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Reply to
Sir Toppam Hat

Maybe, but more likely, they are innocent victims of fetal alcohol syndrome.

Reply to
Doug Kanter