bad lawn

please help i laid a new lawn 3 years ago and it is going bad toworse,
can i do anything before winter sets in 'Image hosting, free photo
sharing & video sharing at Photobucket'
was told to scarefy then top dress but not sure how to do this
Reply to
jakeyseven
Looks like it went through one too many massage sessions with a Web-based link obfuscator:
his post came out of "gardenbanter.co.uk," that's not too surprising.
Reply to
Bert
Wherever he posted from replaced an important part of the URL with "...". Google likes to do that, but it looks like the OP's not a googlegrouper.
Reply to
Bert
Doesn't look so bad to me. It does need to be mowed. Since we have to assume you're in the UK, it's early Fall now. You could overseed it, but from the pics, not sure it's warranted. If you do that, I'd rent a slice seeder, which I would think is available in the UK. That cuts slits and drops seed. This scarification stuff I believe is what we would call dethatchiing in the US. It's hard on the lawn, will damage more of the existing grass and is only appropriate in you have a thatch problem.
Otherwise I would apply a regular fertilizer now and then a Fall fertilizer a month later.
Reply to
trader4

Site Timeline Threads