Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Converting an Electric Mower to Petrol
I have a lawn which is simply too big for an electric mower to cope with, also I hate having to mess around with the cable all the time. Rather than buying a new mower I've looked at Briggs and...
6
6

Haytor Harrier 41 Friction Disc Removal
Hi All I have an old style Haytor Harrier 41 which I want to change the engine. I can"t seem to figure out how to remove the friction disc which would then allow me to remove the old engine.. HELP !!...
4
4

Vegetable Garden Programs for Participating Vegetable Growers
I have always wanted to participate in growing fruits and vegetables. I believe by doing so I am already promoting environmentalism, which really starts at home. Then, the whole community can follow...

New lawn wanted, how?
Hi So, we've got a bungalow which has a largish garden 55m X 10m. Without going on (too much), we have several grass areas, and it has a lot of bumps lumps and scars from old raised beds etc, and the...

Question from new member
Hi there, Just wanting to no about the battery operated "environmower" lawn mower. Where can i get parts?? Are they still manufacturing them?? I bought mine about 3 years ago in Thanks

Resin (Plastic) Plant Pot
I have noticed that many stores do not sell the bases (can't think of the official name) that go with plant pots anymore. Therefore, I won't be drilling holes in the bottom of this pot for drainage. I...
6
6

can anyone help???
i have a husqvarna cth171 and i cant find which oil it takes any where so if any one which oil the engine takes please let me know. thank you benny
1
1

Lawn mower or zero turn ride on
Hi First time user and sure this has been asked a lot! Apologies I am buying a new house with approx 0.65 acre of lawned area - what do i buy - a zero turn mower or a normal 55cm deck lawn mower? How...
5
5

best cash crop
What garden vegetables make the best cash crop?
4
4

Old Soil, New Lawn
Hi all I have joined this as my boy friend and I have a problem. The garden of our new house had not been touched in aprox 5 years, so we have set about it with back breaking work and are down to the...
1
1

Using PL-Premium (construction adhesive) to fill holes in tree trunks
I've found that PL-Premium (polyurethane construction adhesive) to be a very durable, strong and water-proof glue for wood for all applications (indoor and outdoor). I just filled a couple of holes on...
24
24

marglobe
Why are my marglobe tomatoes not sweet? For years we had sweet tomatoes, but they we moved and most of the ground is clay. What could be wrong and what can I do?
2
2

zero turn mowers
first post since back on the newsgroup scene. Kubota John Deere or New Holland thank you, ck
4
4

DIY mower servicing
Hello, I'm trying to service my Hayter self-propelled mower. I want to be able to get the blade off by unscrewing the nut underneath. unfortunately it has been put on too tight by one of those...
11
11

Treating weed on large scale with lawn
Dear All, I am novice with gardening and start to make my lawn better. I have weed on my newly lawn and other places. I want to get rid of them with chemicals if necessary but on a large scale. Is...
2
2