Haytor Harrier 41 Friction Disc Removal

Hi All

I have an old style Haytor Harrier 41 which I want to change the engine. I can"t seem to figure out how to remove the friction disc which would then allow me to remove the old engine.. HELP !!

Eric

Reply to
Eric L

Could you post a pic someplace?

Reply to
Art

Hi Art

I will see what I can do. Friction Disc is the circular plate that the blade bolts onto, if this is any help and is the only thing stopping the removal of the engine apart from four nuts and the cables.. Only way I can think this must be secured is that it is threaded on (possibly left handed )but don"t want to try to force this if possible. Replacement engine is from another Machine so this will have to be removed too.

Eric

Reply to
Eric L

1 picture = 1000 words
Reply to
Art

Hi,

the fiction disc is is just fitted to a straight shaft with a keyway in. They can be bloody hard work to remove. Hayter make a puller to remove the friction disc, that's what the two holes in the plate are for. Also try lots of heat and WD40. Last one I did took 1.5 hours with the pulley and heat etc.

Good Luck

Reply to
bellfield