marglobe

Why are my marglobe tomatoes not sweet? For years we had sweet
tomatoes, but they we moved and most of the ground is clay. What
could be wrong and what can I do?
Reply to
1s1k
The soil they are grown in and the amount of water they receive can affect the taste. Old farmers used to taste the soil to get a relative indication of the pH. If it was bitter they'd add lime to "sweeten the soil". Oddly enough the best tasting tomatoes I've ever grown were grown in cow manure compost. (No jokes please!) Red
Reply to
Red
Thank you for your response. My wife is using the cow manure compost, and she uses soaker hose. We were wondering if it was some chemical, due to the very poor soil where we live. thanks for your help Jake and Becky
Reply to
pennsylvaniajake

Site Timeline Threads