Latest threads in Installationshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Replaced Westek post eye Control and wired same per instruction now find that it does not turn light on at night
I have checked all connections

do you have to use twisted wire for doorbell
No further details provided
2
2

when insalling different sub-panels do they all have to be the same
I have a question about multiple panels in the same building.When using several different panels in different locations in the same building, do they all have to be the same brand?

wiring diagram for ge motor 5kc35k6335
please , need wiring diagram for above motor. thanks
2
2

have GE 5hp motor need to know capacitor tie-in
Have GE 5hp motor. Need to know capacitor's tie in. Have 4xblack 1xblue wires coming out of the motor.

can I install a Canada dryer in the United States?
My new Kenmore electric/gas dryer says for Canada only, is there a way to wire it for the United States?

I replaced a duplex socket. It worked for a while and then failed. (A while is 20 hrs) It now has 120 volts on each leg. The duplex downs
The downstream duplex has the same symptoms. The upstream sockets work just fine.

Where on the furances is the ignator for a Carrier 58SX furance?
I want to replace the ignator.

There is an Amana Air Command 80 Air Furnace, Model GHI45A25, that was installed 1981 and never used and wont start
The furnace was new when installed. When I plugged the furnace into the wall socket it made noise like it wanted to start but would not come on line. A guest of mine looked at the thermostat and...
4
4

need to relocate ceiling light 30in. in kitchen
Want to center light over island in kitchen. Existing 3in. round box with romex wire.

I need a home generator transfer switch cheep one money is a concern.
It's a 200 utility panel, with a champion 30A @240V plug & 30A @120V. I need hook up the generator to my house. I know to tern off the main utility breaker first. Etc. I was looking at CSR 302 L do u...

can I pull 2 #6 THHN wires in 1/2" Emt conduit ?
No further details provided

what size vent for over a cooktop
just at roughinn in stage but need to know now what size vent goes over a cooktop range. the vent was not bought yet but it will be one of those stand alone fancy ones but only the ons bought at big...

Fixing a high ceiling fan
Ceiling fan has separated. Wires showing. Do we fix from attic or a ladder

Wire size for 60 AMP service 65 feet away from main panel
I want to put a 60 amp breaker box out front and build 3 electrical pugs that can handle 20 amps each to plug in 3 different controllers for my christmas lights. The distance from my main electrical...
2
2