Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

will the honeywell iaq void trane warranty
While getting quotes about a xl15i hp install, I was told that if i went with the IAQ stat that it can void the 10yr parts/labor warranty. Is this true? I wanted to ask a pro who has nothing to do...
2
2

Wake up North America
Why don't we invent stuff like this? A heat pump that supplies domestic hot water to commercial buildings at 180*f all day long with no boiler! The refrigerant....Carbon Dioxide. This technology...
3
3

Air in pex water line
I installed 4 grohe thermostatic valves today with volume control valves. 3 showers and one tub. I ran water to them and found that two of them would hammer when turning off the volume valve. Because...
15
15

Old ways of heating are more relevant today than ever...
Cut down your heating and lighting costs...the old way If you have been bogged by the enormous electricity bills you have been getting, it is time to take some concrete steps. You can reduce your...
3
3

80% gas furnace RUUD in a icyenene foamed attic - Need a combustion air vent solution
Inspector is telling me that the furnace needs access to fresh air. If I put a vent in the attic it will defeat the whole purpose of the upgraded insulation. Please give me your thoughts. Mark
5
5

What to do with Gas Canisters
My father left me with two canisters of gas. One is 22 and the other 12. What are these worth? I'm assuming I can only sell to a licensed individual, is that correct? Can 12 still be sold at all?...
8
8

Trane Warranty Item or Not?
This is a Trane XR11 outside fan coil unit with metal fatigue all around the center of the cover/grill where the fan mounts. Installed in 2003. Trane says no!
6
6

Cranky pilot tube in gas furnace
Thoughts? Yup I have one. Fuck off.
6
6

Bad linesets??
I have gotten 3 bad line sets right outta the box(bag?) They are IUSA Cambridge-Lee Industries(made in Mexico). They come in a plastic bag instead of a box. The all had leaks in the liquid line. The...
10
10

Thanks for all the replys, we are going with the Maytag unit.
Thanks for all the replys, we are going with the Maytag unit.
6
6

Ice Storm 2003
Ice Storm 2003 NY, USA Lessons Learned April 03, Thursday, 2003 News radio people were talking about freezing rain coming. ** Lesson: When the radio people talk about weather, go immediately to buy...

OT
I thought they had laws against price gouging? So, when the danger and demand goes up, the gas stations just shut down instead of of incurring all that extra risk. Right after a storm, when the power...
10
10

Maytag, Tempstar, Goodman
I have a coupls guys come out and give me est. on our 15 year old heat pump/ Air Condintioning system. They have suggested or should I say try to sell us Maytag, Tempstar and Goodman systems. For the...
6
6

Acadia Heat pumps:
Who here has installed any of their LTHP systems?

Ultrasonic Humidification for CRAC environment
how could any method of humidification, ultrasonic or otherwise use any less energy then the latent heat of vaporization of water...?? Sure the ultrasonic method may mist the water using less energy,...
1
1