80% gas furnace RUUD in a icyenene foamed attic - Need a combustion air vent solution

Inspector is telling me that the furnace needs access to fresh air. If I put a vent in the attic it will defeat the whole purpose of the upgraded insulation. Please give me your thoughts.

Mark

Reply to
mross

So, run a tube from the outdoors to the furnace. Like the 90 percenters.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Put the furnace outside.

Reply to
Alexander

Two things;

1.) You needed someone else to inform you that fire needs air to burn??

2.) You foamed your attic to the point of removing *ALL* ventilation.

Please clarify. I think much bigger problems may lie ahead for you.

Reply to
Lefty

No it won't, the vent will be ABOVE the insulation.

Reply to
Mac

You should be installing a condensing furnace

However try a motorizred damper > Inspector is telling me that the furnace needs access to fresh air. If

Reply to
Abby Normal